Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 16 December 2012

Klassy Nails ....

Instant nail wraps are a beauty item I have wanted to try for quite sometime, and no better time then now my beautician has had a little bambino as I am left to fend for myself in the nail department.

Initially I did think they were going to be a bit of a gimmick and result in a sticky mess with the wraps being stuck any where except my actual nails ( flash back to a previous stick on nail encounter... cue my fabulous beautician who always makes my nails look fabulous) .
But now is the time to stand on my own independent pedicured toes and try out the latest craze to hit the nail design industry.

As I am sure you are aware aside from sparkles and girlie things I am a lover of  celebrities, and love it when my favourite celebs bring out fashion and beauty items inspired by their style for us less famous people to get our hands on.
At first I was unaware that singer and business women Myleene Klass had her very own range of nail wraps but once I knew I just had to try them out .


Coming home to a parcel is exciting enough, but my excitement hit an all time high when I discovered that the nail wraps did in fact have a christmas theme !

The first red and white set have a pretty little christmas pattern with the edition of little white reindeers making them the perfect way to finish off any festive outfit, these were the wraps I tried for this blog as I wanted to save the others for Christmas Day. 

The second set are perfect for those who are watching what you eat this festive season or if just like my you actually don't like christmas pudding but still think they look just a little bit cute. They are tipped with  a white topping and finished off with holly and berries that literally look edible .. No nibbling though please. 

What I really loved with these sets is that they literally come with all you need to transform your nails into little wrapped parcels, having 24 wraps is really useful as it means you can have two applications and still have  extras in case you bodge one or need to quickly replace one. 
The set also comes with a Myleene Klass nail file which I found to be really durable and a nice large size meaning its really easy to use. Its fabulous quality also means it is going to be a new edition to my make up bag and one that sure wont need replacing for a while . 

Now on to the nails ...
Before 

I was so amazed at how easy these wraps were to apply, their simple instructions were clear and concise and the application was quick and mess free without a miss stuck wrap in site. 
Once I had selected the correct size wrap for each nail I simply peeled each one from the packet and starting at my cuticle stuck the wrap onto my nail . As you can see above my ring finger shows the after  effect and I have to say I am rather impressed. To get rid of the excess bit of wrap all you have to do it fold it over the end of your nail and file in a downward motion until it comes aways ... It really couldn't be any easier. 

Top Tip... To ensure your nails last my top tip would have to be to ensure you firmly stick all of the wrap down paying particular attention to the corners at the end of your nails, as this is where I found them to mostly likely catch and subsequently begin to peel away. 

One thing I always struggle with when doing my  own nails is painting my right hand as the end result is often one that is smudged and rather shaky looking, that was not the case with these wraps as their easy to manage application made it so simple to stick the wraps on both my right and left hand. 

After 


I really am so pleased with the end result of using these nail wraps and will most certainly use them again, I also really love how quickly I would be able to change the design by peeling them off and replacing them with a different design . It would also be really easy to alternate the designs to create a really on trend look and also combine them with a simple polish for a real statement design.

Have you tried nails wraps yet? ... Would love to know what you thought of them .
Love Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment