Lifestyle Blog

Friday 30 November 2012

Celebrity Culture .....


Go Think Big posted this super topical question on their Facebook page this afternoon and it inspired me to do a little post on my views surrounding the age old celebrity based debate.
As someone who is fascinated  by the world of celebrities I felt this an appropriate topic to comment on.

To me celebrity culture is like fashion trends ....it varies from season to season and can reflect an individuals personality and personal style . The current trend that has swept the nation recently is that of the reality star . This trend is reflective of the current societies interest and these publics are  the ones that drive magazine sales  expressing their interest into the reality stars lives; so surely its the publics themselves that are driving this sense of ambition and not the celebrities that are creating it?

   I have to therefore disagree  with the question posed by Go Think Big as  I believe it shows more then ever the sense of ambition that  if you want something in life and believe in yourself then you can achieve it. 

Celebrity culture stills consists of a range of people posing various talents ( such as singing or acting )  all of which are individual to that person, but like i said currently the public attention is drawn seemingly to that of the reality star . This presents the theory to me that rather then the lack of inspirational and ambitious celebs their is just a change of views in which young people aspire to. 

I'm not saying I wish there to be an army of Rylans being produced over the next few months but in  he obviously has such a huge followers of fans,  despite all those people out their talking negative about him he got extremely far in a competition voted for by the public.  We all no he's not going to be winning a Brit award any time soon but is a true representative of todays celebrity culture, and to me is someone who has expressed his passion for something and not given up just because someone said he was no good. 

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I just think it represents that if you want to make your dreams a reality then nothing should stop you and that is what young people should be taking on as ambition  . Not everyone has been gifted with the talent of singing or acting for example so should learn to embrace the qualities you do have, after all the sky is the limit. 

Basically I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and not take things so seriously, and if you like him or not take it as inspiration to follow your dreams.

Who drives your ambition ? 

Lots of love Liv 




No comments:

Post a Comment